Monday, April 22, 2013

Water Wars

So I have this water garden on our back deck.  It's a big galvanized tub with water plants and those little fish that eat mosquito larvae.  I love it because it looks nice and Abbey loves it because she can drink out of it.  She'll walk past her water bowl in the kitchen, past her water bowl on the deck and drink from the scummy water garden.  We're pretty sure this is why she occasionally throws up but I've stopped caring.  I love the dog but come on.  I've moved her damn bowl directly in front of the tub and she still drinks the algae water.  What else am I supposed to do,  pass out little cards with the drink specials?  "This evening, we're featuring clean tap water served at room temperature. It's a nice change from that shit in the tub." Whatever.  At this point,  I just don't want she to drink any of the fish.  (She's definitely a Marcia)  Anyway, my water garden sits approximately 12 feet from John's fountain.  It's this huge thing that came with the house and it sounds lovely on Sunday mornings when I'm doing my crossword puzzle so I love it too.

But here's where the problems arise.  John's fountain needs to be filled every week or it will run dry.  Bone dry.  My water garden needs 1-2 inches of water every few weeks to top it off because it gets hot on some days and because the dog drinks out of it.  But get this, John insisted that my water garden is leaking, and ruining the deck.  Not just ruining, RUINING!  But the water in his fountain is "evaporating".  Can someone, please, explain this to me because every time we have this conversation I want to throw a rock at him....

No comments:

Post a Comment