Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I have an awesome doctor

I found this when cleaning out my phone.

I had cataract surgery last November.  And first I'd like to say that if you have a chance to have cataract surgery in your 40's, I highly recommend it.  It involves appointments with several different doctors and each one starts with a doctor walking into the room, holding a medical file.  Then they look up at you and say, "Oh, you're much younger than I expected."  You just can't hear that too many time!  "Why, yes! I am very young! Thank you for noticing!"

Anyway when I went in for the standard pre-op appointment it was with my GP.  She already knew my age so we skipped that part which made me a little sad but the appointment still went well.  She was sent the standard pre-op paperwork even though it's only out-patient surgery and they don't even knock you completely out.  She did all the standard stuff then said, "I'm not going to do the rectal or pelvic exams even though the paperwork calls for it."

Me: Well, if they end up down there, something has gone horribly wrong.
Doc:  I'd advise you to walk out of the OR at that point.
Me:  Of course, that will give them a better shot at my rectal area since my ass will be hanging out of the hospital gown.
Doc:  Yeah, it's a tough call.

I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment