Saturday, April 6, 2013

John, Your Mistress is Scaring the Children

I had this weird dream last night where John brought his mistress to this barbecue we were at.  I told him that he had to make her leave because, get this, she was swinging a pickle ball racket and someone was going to get hurt.  Then he gave me the worst pouty face ever given by a 6'2", 42 year old man wearing an "I club Baby Seals" T-Shirt*.  Worst pouty face ever.  He even hunched up his shoulders.  It was pathetic.

Then I woke up mad at him; not so much because of the mistress thing but more because he never takes my safety precautions seriously.  He must have been having a sweet happy dream because his hand came over and tried to hold my hand but I snapped mine out of his grasp.  I may have been willing to forgive him for his imaginary indiscretion but I certainly wasn't willing to forget just yet.

Then when I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee, Sam came in and starting telling me about this scary dream he had about a crazy woman chasing people around the backyard.  They all ran inside and she killed someone with the curtains.  I asked if she was swinging a pickle ball racket and he sat there, staring into space for a few seconds, and said, "naw".   Followed by more staring.  Then, "What's a pickle ball racket?"  Me, "Go ask your father, he gave it to her."


*You know those 'I heart' t-shirts where it's an actual heart shape in place of the word 'heart'? Of course, you do.  Same thing here but with a club.  The card suit, not a big wooden stick.  He's from Newfoundland.  It's actually quite funny.

**He's never clubbed a baby seal.  Though, I think he has had flipper pie.

****No, I have never had flipper pie.  Are you nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment