Friday, June 14, 2013

First Day of Summer Vacation

So for the last couple of weeks the boys have been bickering and arguing horribly.  Or I guess I should say they've been bickering and arguing fantastically because, really, they were doing a great job of it.  So, well done, them!  But it's been driving me nuts and making me quite concerned about the 10 weeks of family-time we had staring us in the face.  But when I woke up this morning, it was pleasantly peaceful in the house.  The boys were up, had eaten and were quietly playing this new card game they're into.  I sat down, had my coffee, read my book, and listened to them talking politely to each other and generally getting along just swimmingly.  And it COMPLETED FREAKED ME OUT!  I think they're robots.  This town is filled with Stepford Students.  Maybe it's finally happened to me.  Someone has replaced them with robot copies or maybe they're pod-people.  We did just watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  I don't know which but they're scaring the shit out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment