Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DUDE

We had a pizza party for the kindergartens because they won Penny Wars.  (Yes, that's a real thing)  The whole process took about 20 minutes but by the time it was over,  I came to realize that I must say "dude" an awful lot.  I remember all the "What are you doing's" and "Sit down's" and the "Oh my god, stop yelling's'  but not so much the 'dudes' that accompanied them.  In my defense, it's not like I was going to learn all of there names and most of them just stare at you when you ask them questions.  Kinda like the dog.  Although she is rapt on my every word and they really didn't give a shit.

By the time it was all over, I could hear these little squeaky voices saying, "Dude, it's time to go back to class", "You better get in line, dude.", "This was the best day ever, dude!"  I was so proud, I started to tear up.

I just hope one of them went home and said to their mom, "Jeez, dude, chill out."   Then my work here would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment