Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Robopocaplypse, Part II

I always felt that one of the best leaps forward ever made was computerized gas pumps.  They were a revelation.  I no longer had to make small talk with the guy pumping my gas (when I lived in Oregon) or the guy working the register (when I lived anywhere else).  I could pump my gas in a completely antisocial manner that I loved.  I didn't even have to smile at anyone.  It was a perfect world.

But somewhere along the line that all changed.  I used to be able to slide in my card and do my business.  Now I have to buy the damn thing dinner first.  I have to answer 9 questions before it will unlock the hose.  There are days when I don't say 9 things to my husband.  When did this happen?

Pump: Are you using a credit card?
Me: Yes
Pump: What's your zip code?
Me: 94582
Pump: Do you want a car wash?
Me: No
Pump: Nice weather we're having
Me: yeah, but it's sure cold at night
Pump: Do you want a receipt?
Me: No, can I please have the gas?
Pump: What are you wearing?
Me: jesus christ


I think it's trying to get laid.




No comments:

Post a Comment