Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh, He's a Funny One

So we're going camping today and I made a list for each of the boys of what they needed to pack.  They were watching cartoons so this was the tricky part.

Me: "Guys, I need you to pause the TV and listen to me"

Boys:  "uh huh uh huh uh huh"

Me:  "GUYS, pause the TV."

TV paused yet they're still staring at it

Me: "Guys, stop staring at the TV"

Me: <handing them the lists> "Here's what I need you guys to pack"

Me: "HEY"

They finally look at me

Me: "Here's what I need you to pack.  Use your school backpacks.  You'll need to empty them."

attention drifts

Me: "Guys!  I didn't write down 'unpack backpack'  Do I need to do this?"

nothing

Me: "Try not to just shove everything in. Maybe try to fold it."

losing them again as they randomly lay the lists around the room

Me:  "Don't lose the lists!"

Tom looked me square in the face, gave a little smirk,  and shoved the list down his pants.

Okay then.  My work here is done.

-----

(Considering they came home from the last day of school and threw their backpacks into the closet, I fully expect to arrive at the campsite with two backpacks filled with the contents of last year's classroom desks.)

(No, I didn't have them unpack the backpacks when they got home on the last day.  I was thrilled they threw them in the closet rather than leave them in the hallway.)

(Don't judge me)


No comments:

Post a Comment