Monday, June 1, 2015

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness - Day 1

Sam's room is a mess on the best of days.  Stuff all over the floor, crap piled on every flat surface and actual garbage here and there. When asked to clean it up, he puts a few things away and shuffles a few things around the room.  This, by the way, is also how the boys clean up the kitchen. On any given morning they can dirty 3 plates, 4 bowls, 2 glasses and various utensils while eating breakfast.  They usually forget to put away the cereal/oatmeal/waffle boxes away too.  They'll finish up and leave the kitchen, and I'll have to call them back to clean up.

Me, "Hey, guys, come back and clean up the kitchen."
Boys: wander in and put a few things away.
Me, "Guys! Come back and put the rest of the stuff away!"
Boys: wander in and put a few more things away.
Me, "GUYS! Come back!"
Boys: wander in and put a few more things away, again.
Me, <jesus F^$&%$ christ> "CLEAN UP THE KITCHEN!!!!!!"

I've kinda given up on getting Sam to clean his room so I've started asking him to shut the door instead. He manages to do this half the time.  When I walked past Sam's room this morning, the door was open and I mistakenly glanced inside.  I was carrying an empty Propel bottle that I was intending to put out in the recycle bin but something took over me and I threw the bottle on the floor of his room. And....... Light Bulb!

So my new plan is to start throwing my trash in his room and see how long it takes for him to notice. I have since added an empty envelope, the plastic off a roll of paper towel and a toothpaste box.

Day one and counting.....






No comments:

Post a Comment