Friday, May 9, 2014

White Dog Problems

Alice typically drives with me while I drop the boys at school.  This morning John's car was in the shop so after dropping the boys, I dropped John at the office.  This was a whole new adventure and Alice was very, very excited to be a part of it.  As John was getting his briefcase out of the way-back, Alice jumped back there to wag her tag, watch him and shed as much as possible.  John closed the back door and I drove off.  Then the crying started.

Alice, "wwhhiinnee"
Alice, "wwwwhhhhiiiinnnneee"
Alice, "wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh"
Alice, "I'm ssstttttuuuccckkkkk"

She's back there and like Thor with an I-Pod, has no idea what to do.

Alice, "hhhhhhheeeeeellllllppppppp"
Alice, "I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck."

Me, "Alice, come."
Alice, "hhhheeellllppppp"
Me, "Alice, come."
Alice, "wwwwaaahhhhh"

She was sliding around on the rubberized floor.  I could occasionally see ears.  Sometimes a whole head.  Lots of crying......

Me, "Alice, you're okay."
Alice, "No, I'm not. I'm not okay. I'm not okay. I'm not okay."
Me, "Alice, you're okay."
Alice, "Noooooo.  I'm the opposite of okay. I'm....I'm.....I'm un-okay."
Me, "Alice, you're okay."
Alice, "LIES!!"

And she continued to cry until we arrived at the gym and I freed her.

hhheeeellllppp!!!!
It was all far more traumatic then the time she brought her huge rawhide with her and couldn't jump into the front seat and keep the bone in her mouth at the same time.  Boy, that was a tough morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment