Tuesday, May 20, 2014

From the mouth of babes

So Sam has a tendency to lose things.  For a while it was lunch boxes.  Lately it's been coats.  He's lost so many coats that now he has to buy his own.  When he lost the last coat that we had bought for him, I took him to Target.  He found a zip-up hoodie that he really like until he looked at the price tag.  "I'm not paying $19.99 for a coat!"

But he did. And he lost it. He really didn't want to tell me but it all came pouring out this morning.

Sam, "We were in gym and I had it tied around my waist but I was getting hot so I put in on the bench but I forgot about it and went into the locker room and changed and then when I remembered it I tried to get back in the gym but Mr. Munson wouldn't let me so I checked in the locker room lost-and-found during lunch but it wasn't there so I checked the regular lost-and-found and it wasn't there either and now it's been so long I'm afraid that it's gone forever."

Me, "You can check again today."

Sam, "You know, losing something isn't the same as not being able to find it."

You know, he's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment