Monday, March 11, 2013

Super Heroes

This week is the book fair at the boys' school.  The theme is "Reading Gives You Super Powers" so one of the ladies said, "Let's wear capes and masks and pass out flyers".  I said yes because I can rock a cape. So when I got into the school this morning, they were passing out the superhero paraphernalia.  I got the purple cape. Score.  A green flashy jelly ring.  Suck it, Green Lantern, mine has rainbow colors.  Then they hand me a mask and I actually said this, out loud, "Why doesn't mine have glitter?"  (Who says things like that? 6 year olds, that's who) And for 2 seconds, I was actually upset that my mask didn't have glitter.  Like it somehow made me less of a fake superhero.  Like I was the sidekick or something, and I am nobody's sidekick.  Jeeeez.  Then she gave me a mask with glitter and all was right with the world again.

(And I love my green flashy jelly ring.  I'm still wearing it.  It makes me happy. And it looks awesome in the bathroom when the lights are off)

No comments:

Post a Comment