Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I'm going to see if there's a PUB!

I blame Alice, or as she is also referred to ALLLIIIIICE.  (Everyone in town knows that damn dog's name.)  When going in or out of the house, the dogs run down to the mailbox and sniff around where the neighborhood dogs have been.  Our house is on main corner so we get a lot of dog traffic.  This isn't a problem with Abbey because she's a good girl and comes when called.  Alice is getting better at this but we had an incident last week when I turned around for a second and she was gone.  I found her five houses up, trotting back down the hill.  (John, "At least she was coming home.  That's good."  Me, "Well, she was definitely coming towards the house. Whether or not that was intentional has yet to be determined.")

Now when we leave the house, I keep the garage door closed until Alice is in the car.  A few days ago, as I was leaving to pick up the boys from school, I was standing in the garage trying to determine if the dogs were coming with me or not.  Back and forth, back and forth.  "Jeez! Are you coming or not."  Abbey eventually went back into the house and Alice walked back and forth from the house to the car, trying to decide what to do.  Lord only knows what extremely exciting event she would miss out on by making the wrong choice.  "That's it, you're staying here." I tossed Alice in the house, hit the garage door opener and got in the car.  As I was musing about how much easier my life was when we only had one dog, I backed into the garage door that hadn't completely opened.  I immediately recognized the sound of the car hitting the garage door because it's not the first time that I've heard it.  That's right, this was the second time that I'd backed into an unopened garage door.

shit.

The fist time this happened, we were living in Arizona.  This may not seem relevant to you, but consider this.  If I had backed into the same garage door, I would have to talk to the same garage door repairman.  (Hello, Greg.  It's Dumbshit here. How are the kids? Good. Good.  Gonna need your help again....) So anyway, the first time I completely panicked.  I heard the cruuunch, stomped on the brake, slammed the car into drive and plowed forward into the work bench.  Oh, good, now that's broken too.  My work here is done.  This time I was much calmer.  I stomped on the brakes and started swearing.  If I'd had only waited a few more seconds, the door would have been opened far enough to get the car out so I would have only needed John to come home and look at the door.  As it was, I needed him to pick up the kids and then come home to look at the door.

Since the previous night we had been talking about doing a Galaxy Quest cosplay at ComicCon this summer, Sam naturally walked into the house and said, "You broke the house! You broke the bloody house!" to which I replied, "Must you hit Every. Single. One. of them?"

Good news, John got the door back on it's tracks with nothing but a hammer and a dream.
Bad news, the engine burned out in the process.
BAM BAM BAM
whrr whrrr
BAM BAM BAM
whrr whrrr
BAM BAM BAM
whrr whrrr
BAM BAM BAM
whrr whrrr
BAM BAM BAM
whrr whrrr
BAM BAM BAM
w...w...w smoke smoke smoke

shit.
AALLLIIIIICE!!!
This is coming out of your allowance!





No comments:

Post a Comment