Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My new charm bracelet

I love charm bracelets and I have several.  They're really the only jewelry that I wear.  I got my first one from John and it started with two charms; one for each of the boys.  I added charms over the years and now it's full.  My next one I found in a magazine and it's has hearts of all types.  The one in the magazine was $1200 but I thought, "$1200?? that's nuts" and started collecting hearts charms.  It's just about full but I can't wear it until I get it to a jewelry store because all the charms are tied on with yarn.  My third one is the "new" type that Brighton and Pandora sells.  It has 5 beads that the boys picked out and gave me for Christmas last year.  My fourth charm bracelet is my "buyer beware" purchase.  I found this bracelet on Overstock.com along with a red heart that I thought I would add to my Heart bracelet.  Well, the bracelet showed up with the tiniest links I've ever seen in my life.  I really don't know what it's intended for; perhaps a child's bracelet??  So I hung the one red heart charm on it and called it good.  Turns out I quite like it.

My latest charm bracelet is from my Mom.  After my Dad died, she put together a Brighton bracelet with charms that reminded her of Dad.  She ended up with so many charms that it was too heavy to actually wear so she divided up the charms between my sister and me.  I was going through the charms with Sam and explaining that they're all the things that Grandpa loved.  There's a golfing charm and an ice cream charm and a coffee charm and a L.O.L charm (because Dad told stories that made everyone laugh) and a suitcase charm because Grandma and Grandpa traveled a lot…..then Sam piped up and said, 'What about napping? Is there a napping charm?"


No comments:

Post a Comment