Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Old Dogs...New Tricks

So Abbey has a few favorite spots to sleep during the day.  One of which is Tom's bed.   The room is warm and she can see out his windows to bark at dogs passing by and lose her mind when the postman has to delivery something to the front door.  Unfortunately, as with her other favorite napping spots, Tom's bed is rather hairy.  This would gross me out but he doesn't seem to mind.  And growing up with pets reduces the chances of developing allergies and asthma.  True story.  So really this is just another way that I'm Mother of the Year.  Not to blow my own horn or anything.....

But the slightly hairy bed, bothered my mom.

Mom: "You know, you could put a towel or small rug on the bed and train Abbey to sleep on that rather than on the quilt."

Me: "Well,  let's call that Plan B.  I still haven't given up on training the Human child to make his bed so the dog sleeps ON it rather than IN it.  As soon as I give up on the higher-life form, I'll move on the the canine."

Mom:  "And how long do you think that will be?"

Me: "I'll give it another year."

No comments:

Post a Comment