Tuesday, August 15, 2017

California is the Stupidest State

Yesterday, I took the boys to the DMV to get their learner's permits.  We had schedules appointments ahead of time and we were armed with all the forms and documentation necessary.  Oh so I thought.

First, hiccup, only one of the appointments showed up on the DMV's computer system.  The same system I used to schedule the appointments and the same system that send me a receipt with both names listed.  See, right there, both boys.  But that's okay, they can work around that. How gracious of you.

Second problem and where I completely lost my shit and why California is the stupidest state in the entire union.  I've gotten driver's licenses and registered cars in Washington, Oregon and Arizona and have never had problems like I've had here in California.

So, I was required to present two documents as proof of residency.  I had the registration document for one of the cars (complete with my name and address) and my California State Driver's License (with my name, address and a photo). I received that California State Driver's License from the vary office we were standing in and at that time I had to provide two documents as proof of residency in order to receive said California State Driver's License.

Me, <presenting my two documents as proof of residency> "Here ya go."
DMV Worker <whose poor life decisions have led her to her current position working a window at the fucking DMV, stay in school kids> "We can't accept a driver's license as proof of residency."
Me, "But....I got the license here. It's the license you gave me."
DMV Worker, "We can't accept a driver's license as proof of residency."
Me, "I had to provide proof of residency to GET this license. You guys accepted that proof and issued this license. You already have the proof of residency somewhere in all of those file cabinets <waving my hands at the area beyond Window #10 and please why in hell is the first window number 10?>"
DMV bitch, "We can't accept that."
Me, <my voice has been getting gradually louder and by now I'm quite heated> "So identification cards issued by your department are not recognized as identification by your department. That's ridiculous!
DMV asshat, "We can accept this" <holding up the car registration document>
Me, "This, this registration, <holding it up with one hand> also issued by this department, after presenting the same two residency documents that were used to issue this driver's license <holding it up with the other hand> that IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!?!? Whaaa....how the hell does that make any fucking sense?!?!"
DMV fucking cunt, "That language is really not necessary. We can accept a medical bill or electric bill with your name and address."
Me, "Two organizations that I provided this driver's license to after writing my street address on an intake form.  Sure, why not..."

And we stormed out. And I swore at the top of my lungs all the way across the parking lot.  It was a very proud moment. Mother of The Year, once again.  Really, I'm running out of room on my walls to hang all these plaques.





No comments:

Post a Comment