Friday, July 31, 2015

It's one simple errand

The dogs ran out of food this morning so I had the boys come with me to the store because what's the point of having teenage boys if not to make them lift heavy objects, right? Right.  It was around 11:00 and I hadn't eaten in, like, 3 hours so I was starving, like seriously close to death and I really wanted to run in, grab the dog food and get out.  I could have easily done this had I been alone but I wasn't.  I had brought the two stooges with me and before I'd even parked the car I was envisioning how this simple, simple task was about to spiral into a chaotic cloud of sound effects, silly voices, faux anime fights and entire reenactments of YouTube videos.  Before the carnival ride down the main aisle of PetsMart had even started, my patience had run dangerously low. When we reached the dog food section, and Sam attempted to start Act I, Scene I: fade in on morons amongst the kibble, I snapped.

Me, "Can we just do this without all the Bullshit?!?!"

Silence.
Cue the crickets.

We got the errand completed in record time but Sam has been giving me this face all day:

<cough> <cough>
"I beg your pardon, Madam, but your outburst has left me deeply insulted."





No comments:

Post a Comment