Thursday, September 25, 2014

You say tomato, I say tomato

This morning was the first day post surgery for mom.  When I walked into the kitchen, she was at the fridge getting breakfast.

Me, "Mom, why don't you sit down and I'll get that for you."
Mom, "that's okay, I've got it"
Me, "you're supposed to stay off your foot so go lay down and I'll do that."

She doesn't move.

Me, "MOM, you're supposed to stay off your foot."
Mom, "Well, I need to walk on it so it doesn't tighten up. That what they said."
Me, "Well, I remember them saying, several times, that you need to stay off it as much as possible.  I guess we interpreted the instructions differently."
Mom, <grumble grumble grumble>
Me, "GO LAY DOWN"

I missed my calling. I'm a freaking Florence Nightingale....



No comments:

Post a Comment