Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Just like a superhero duo...

So I'm up in Olympia this week because my mom was scheduled to have foot surgery.  The "procedure" was this morning and all went well.  By the time I met she in the recovery room, she hadn't eaten anything in something like 13 hours.  She was due for her first pain pill of the day but she needed something in her stomach first so the nurse asked if she'd like an Italian soda and she did.  As we were driving home, I asked if she wanted me to drive to the store to get syrup and soda so she could have Italian soda at home.

Mom, "Oh no, that's okay."
Me, "Remember what the nurse said? If you have trouble eating, the syrup will coat your stomach so the pain pills don't bother you."
Mom, "I never have trouble eating."
Me, "And I'm never bothered taking pain pills.  We're like the perfect couple!"

No comments:

Post a Comment