Saturday, July 26, 2014

My week without the boys

Sent the boys up to my mom's last friday so I decided to tackle their bathroom.  It's circa 1989 and not in a good way.

Monday: Cleaned out the bathroom cabinet.  Lost count at 7 toothpaste tubes squeezed empty and thrown back into the cabinet. whhaa???  Maybe I should get a garbage can for their bathroom so they don't have to walk all the way across the house to use the one in the kitchen.  Oh, wait, there is a garbage can in their bathroom.  It's right next to the toilet.  My friend stopped by with her 4th grade daughter and her daughter's friend.  I asked the little girl, "What do you do when you empty your toothpaste tube?"  She said, "Uh...throw it in the garbage."  "RIGHT!"  Jeez...boys....

Tuesday: Painted the cabinet and put really cool contact paper on the drawers.  Saw this on Pinterest and it didn't involve a barn door so take note.

(Found faucets and as of sunday they are still in the boxes.  Bet they sit on the floor for the next month.)

I should quit now. Nothing's gonna top this.

Wednesday: Took down the nasty medicine cabinet and the massive mirror above the sinks.  John and I managed to the huge thing outside without breaking it or severing an artery.  Wow, even I'm impressed.  I should definitely stop now.

Started taking down the wallpaper.  It came off really easy.  Wait, nope, that's just the front. All the backing and glue are still on the wall.  shit.

Thursday: Still stripping wallpaper.  shit.  Pretty sure it was the first thing the builders did after the house was framed up.  It was behind the mirror, the light fixtures, the medicine cabinet, the bathroom cabinet..... it's everywhere....I see it I'm my dreams.

Friday:  Have the wallpaper off two walls.  Two.  But I was able to get one wall partially painted to decide if I could use the paint from the hallway or if new painted was needed.  I've been to the hardware store five times in four day so it looks fucking amazing.

Saturday: I hurt all over.  Bathroom is a freaking mess.  Out of time.  Basically spent the whole week making a mess and all I have to show for it is the above picture.  Well done, me.

Welcome Home, Boys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment