Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Green means Go, Always

So I was driving to the store yesterday.  Things were going well until I got behind a guy in a  gold Honda Accord who slowed down, almost to a stop, at a green light.  Green.  I had to honk at him twice before he sped up and drove through the still green light.  Then he did it again.

?????

Green means go.  Everybody knows that. They don't even teach it in Driver Ed because everyone already knows it.  It took my little backseat drivers until age 4 to figure that out Green means Go.  They'd sit back there in their car seats, roll their eyes and yell "GO-ooooo" to  the car in front of us.  Had this guy never played "Red Light, Green Light, 1-2-3"?  Didn't he have the Fisher Price Garage? Or Mario Kart?  Has he never been on a train?  Or crossed the street?  "Green means Go" is probably the only life lesson that has been seamlessly passed from generation to generation.  And it's the same in every country.  In. The. World.  You'll never end up in some seldom-visited archipelago and have to remember to Stop on Magenta and Go on the symbol for Boron.  In fact Europe wants us to change our exit signs because they're red and, you know what, they have a point.  So why we were having so much trouble driving to Target?

And all of this lead me to one undeniable conclusion, the guy in front of me, driving the gold Honda Accord, was an alien.

I'm calling Mulder.  The truth is in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment