Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Treasurering's Hard

So yesterday evening was my first meeting as PTA treasurer at the middle school.  It was the first meeting of the year so there was a good turn out, maybe 25 people. Mainly strangers.   I muddled through the treasurer's reports and stumbled through the motions I had to proposed but all in all, I though it went pretty well.  Until the agenda moved on to the student directory.  The principal piped in and said, "Well, I suppose this is the time of year we discuss whether we should move towards an on-line directory only and eliminate the printed hard copy."  And so the discussion ensued...the pros and cons of an on-line directory...the pros and cons of a hard copy....lots of opinions.....lots of comments.  And during a lull in the conversation, I blurted out, "Well, I always like a hard one!...oh damn,  totally came out wrong....oh sh-!" Then Lynn, the president, said, "Jennifer, stop talking!" Or something along those lines.  I really couldn't hear anything at that point and my vision had gone all blurry.   Sometimes you really need a friend to tell you when to stop talking.  I think I'm going to embroider that on a pillow.




No comments:

Post a Comment