Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Now that's the response I was looking for

I've been cleaning closets for the last couple of weeks and I really should have taken before/after pictures because I'm under appreciated in my time.  See, I am an awesome purger.  I know what to keep and what to get rid of.  And most importantly, I know that most of the crap is not worth keeping. We may not have been Army brats but my Dad worked for the government and we moved like Army brats.  Is it Grandma's?  Are they your baby shoes?  Have you touch it in the last year?  Nope? It's gone.   You know all the stuff that you shoved in a closet to deal with later?  I dealt, baby.  I dealt. I cleaned out all of the closets in the house except John's.  He has a strange attachment to personal items that only a person who spend 25 years in the same house can have.  I really don't get it.  And I really don't get that he can't tell the difference.  Look! Just look!

Me:  John, come in here!!
John:  What?
Me:  Come on! You have to see this!!
John: Where are you?
Me:  Sam's room!  You've got to see this!
John:  What?
Me:  Look!!
John: What?
Me: The closet!! Look in the closet!!  Look at the shelves!!
John: Ooh, yeaaah, it looks great. Can I go?
Me:  As soon as you can tell me what I did?
John: Ahhhhhhh, I really don't know.
Me:  I cleaned it out!! I emptied four garbage bags worth of crap out of here!! Look at all the space!!
John:  Oh yeah, it looks great.  Can I go?
Me:  Ugggh.  Never mind.  I'll call mom.

I had the same problem when I cleaned the garage.

So finally my friend Deb came over.  I opened up the cupboards in baggage claim to show her:

  • all the school supplies that had been gathered from throughout the house and neatly organized on one shelf
  • the oddball Christmas decorations that were together and out of the way on the bottom back shelves
  • containers of cd's and dvd's we can't part with in neatly stored way up on the top where you can't reach things anyway.  
  • all the umbrellas in one spot
It was a work of art.


She took one look at it and said, "Oh, now that's sexy."

See, now is that so hard??

No comments:

Post a Comment