Thursday, March 16, 2017

Finally a meeting pays off

At today's Old Lady meeting, the guest speaker was the district superintendent.  He gave a nice talk and then opened the floor to questions.  My hand shot up!  There may had been 70 ladies in that room but only 2 of us actually had kids in school so everyone else could wait their turn.  I explained I have two kids in high school so we made it through middle school, and that I didn't have a question just a request.

Me, "Can you, please, remove glue sticks from the middle school curriculum?"
Superintendent, <chuckled and looked down> "Well, I don't know what school your kids are in or what district...."
Me, "Yours. Your district."
S, <chuckles again> "I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

Then he said a lot more words that were very nice. It won't change anything but I got to say my piece. That was worth it. And maybe he'll remember it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment