Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Friday the 13th

Everyone knows that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day but no one warns you about Thursday the 12th.  Thursday the 12th is just as much, if not even more, unlucky then the Friday the 13th.  It's the day that you need to go to JoAnn's because you just found out about The Pink Pussy Hat project. If you don't know what The Pink Pussy Hat Project is, well, let me tell you.  It's a play on the pussy cat hat. People are making them to wear during the Million Mom March that takes place the day after the Inauguration. You can google all of this.  Anyway, I know someone who's going to the march so I want to make  hats for her and her friends to wear and/or give to others.  What does all of this mean? It means I need pink yarn and I need it now.  I only have a week to knit as many hats as possible so times a wastin'.

On the morning of Thursday the 12th, I went to the gym and then rushed to JoAnn's to get yarn.  When I got there, I had to pee really bad so I rushed to the bathroom at the back of the store.  It was then that, in some cosmic twist of luck, as I turned to flush the toilet, my key fob fell out of my pocket and into the toilet.
 <SPLOOSH>
<fuuuuuucccckkkkkkk>

And there I stood, staring at my key fob sitting at the bottom of a bowl of urine. Well, there's no other way around this, looks like it's time to get a new car.

John, "What did you do?"
Me, "I fished it out."
John, "With you hand?"
Me, "Yes, with my hand, how else? Then I rinsed it off in the sink"
John, "You rinsed it off?!?!"
Me, "In case it hadn't been submerged in enough water, I thought a little more should do the trick."
John, "Those things are electronic!"
Me, "I KNOW IT'S ELECTRONIC. IT WAS ALSO COATED IN URINE!!"

I didn't use soap though, because although soap seemed like a good idea, soap just didn't seem like a good idea. If you follow me. I dried it off thoroughly, at least the outside. The inside was the real concern but how, oh how, can you dry the inside of a key fob?  I know, I'll pop out the faux-key and shake out whatever liquid I can over top of my shoes.  What's a little more urine among friends? Then I got my yarn.  Sure, I could have gone straight out to the parking lot to see if the key still worked but I didn't. I got my yarn thinking it will either work or not, 10 more minutes wouldn't change that. And if it doesn't work, I'll call John and then go next door to Sprouts and buy a bag of rice.  That's what do you with wet electronics, right? Put them in a bag of rice?

The key worked. Hurrah. I got home and went straight to the pantry just to discover that we didn't have any rice.  No rice...rice, rice, rice......how about oatmeal? That's kinda the same thing. So I put my urine marinated key fob in a bag of oatmeal and sat down to knit.

Now every time I approach the car, part of me expects the fob to crap out. And my fingers are aching from all the furious knitting. And, really, if you think about it, this is all Trump's fault. God, I hate that ass.

Let me know if you want a Pink Pussy Hat.  I thought they were weird looking but after the fourth one, they start to grow on you....





No comments:

Post a Comment