Monday, April 4, 2016

You gotta be kidding me...

On a lark, I entered an online contest to win tickets to the season 2 Premiere of Outlander In Glasgow. The location didn't seem like much of a deterent because nobody wins these things anyway, right?

So this morning, April 4th, I receive this in my email:

Hi there,

You have won the Outlander Series 2 Fan Screening competition!

Please RSVP by replying to this email confirming you attendance on Tuesday 5th April.

You may bring one guest as part of your prize. If you are bringing a guest, please reply alongside your RSVP with their full name.

The invite is attached for your reference. Please print this out and bring photo I.D. with you when arriving. Your guest will also need to bring photo I.D.

The key details are:
Date: Tuesday 5th April
Doors Open: 6.15pm
Screening Starts: 7.30pm
Location: 24 Ashton Lane, Hillhead, Glasgow G12 8SJ

Have fun!
The Outlander Team

*This prize only includes the screening, not travel or accommodation

Really? I mean, REALLY??

What's the price of last minute airfare to Glasgow, you ask? 
$2377 but the bag is free!  Tempting.
John is out of the country. Still Tempting
Leave the boys alone. Still not seeing the drawbacks.

My gut-wrenching response:

You’re killing me, Sarah.  I thought I’d have a little more time to work out the travel.  Actually I didn’t think I’d win.  Unfortunately I can not attend without leaving the house immediately and leaving two teenagers to their own devices.  Believe me, I’m tempted.  I even waited to hear back from my husband, who is not at present on the same continent as me, to confirm, “There’s no fucking way you’re going to Glasgow!”  I’ll have a whiskey in honor of the Runner-Up and let her know that I hate her with all of my heart.
Thank you,
Jennifer Moore

Sarah was johnny-on-the-spot with:
Hi Jennifer,
This email has really made my day. I can only apologise that we are letting you know at such a late date. The competition closed at a very late date, which was no fault of our own unfortunately. Shame you couldn’t jump on a place immediately ;)
Hopefully we will have something in future you can attend!
Sorry again.
Thanks so much,
Sarah
 Oh, Sarah, my poor innocent Sarah:

I will hold you to that Sarah Gutierrez.  That’s right I know your last name.  This debt will be paid in full.  I will stalk you like Inigo Montoya until I have had satisfaction.
 <heavy, threatening breathing> 
<much like Jamie Fraser>
 <but more feminine> 
You have not heard the last of me.

Jennifer
<glaring>



No comments:

Post a Comment