Thursday, December 10, 2015

New Theme Song

My theme song has always been Gloria Gaynor's "I will Survive" because...well...because it's awesome.  It's the song I sing during take-off whenever I fly and that is why the plane doesn't crash.  Oh sure, you can be all thrust and air pressure and airfoils and Bernoulli's law, but that's all crap.  Yes, you heard me Mr. Kerry I-am-a-pilot Green, it's all voodoo.  The plane is staying up there because of Gloria Gaynor and me. You're Welcome.

But last weekend John and I were at Starbucks doing the Wall Street Journal crossword puzzle.  We usually do the other puzzle but that week's was a cryptic and cryptics suck so we were stuck with the regular old crossword.  We were also a little later than usual so there wasn't much of a crowd. (Unlike the weekend before when unbeknown do us it was the day of the Jingle Bell Jog and when we parked  I looked over and said, "Aw fuck, the place is full of elves!" and John was all like, "whaaaa?") So there wasn't much of a crowd and I could actually hear the music that was playing rather then just the bass line and the guy was singing about gravity.  And I was like, "HOLY SHIT! THIS IS MY NEW THEME SONG!"  When I got home later I googled it and discovered that it was John Mayer. Huh, I thought he was just a weird twitter douche but turns out the boy can sing.

Gravity is working against me  <amen>
And gravity wants to bring me down <sing it, brother>
(some crap about love)

Gravity is working against me <oh yeat>
And gravity wants to bring me down <arms in the air waving back and forth>
(some weird math crap that doesn't make sense)

Whoa, gravity stay the hell away from me <on my feet with the bic lighter app>

Gravity sucks and no one understands it like John Mayer.  and my boobs.



I'm still singing Gloria Gaynor during take-off.  I'm not crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment