Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Treasures

So we went to a Flea Market the other weekend and I found an old Parker Brothers Ouija board circa 1972.  It's in really good shape, even the box. So cool!


Naturally, the boys and I will be summoning the spirits of the dearly departed come Halloween.  Unfortunately, no one has died or been killed in our house but perhaps we can contact the spirit of the last bird that Abbey killed in the backyard.  I'm sure it's pigeon-kin are in need of closure.

I also found this little silver bell with the sweetest sounding ring.


I thought it would come in handle at home.  Now, when I need something I can ring my lovely little bell rather than scream across the house.  So very Downton Abbey. When I need to know if the boys have finished their homework, I can just ring my bell.  Ting-a-ling-a-ling! When I wondering if John is finished using the computer, Ting-a-ling-a-ling! When the dogs have been staring at me for 10 straight minutes because no one will let them outside,  Ting-a-ling-a-ling!  When I'm in the bedroom reading and really want a Diet Coke,  Ting-a-ling-a-ling!  It's a marvel, my little silver bell.  I'm thinking of getting one for each room of the house. It was the height of civilization. Until John took away my sweet little silver bell.

Me, "Can I have my bell back?"
John, "no"
Me, "Please"
John, "No"
Me, "But.."
John, "NO!"

Jeez, what's got him so upset?
Maybe he wants his own bell.




No comments:

Post a Comment