Monday, September 28, 2015

Running Joke

So John and I have this thing.  It started with one of his issues of Men's Journal.  If you are unfamiliar with Men's Journal, the covers typically show a front-on head and torso shot of some athlete or celebrity, usually shirtless.  The issue in question featured Lance Armstrong, pre-drug scandal.  I walked into the bathroom and there on the counter was a shirtless Lance Armstrong staring me straight in the face. I flipped the magazine over and went about my business.  Over the course of the week, I would find myself walking into a room and <boom> there was Lance Armstrong staring up at me.  I finally said something to John like, "God, everywhere I go that fucker is staring at me!" Over the course of the next week I found Lance Armstrong leaning on my pillow, propped up on the back of the toilet, and inside my medicine cabinet early one morning.

It happened again with an empty Starbucks cup that spent two weeks sitting on the bathroom counter and my casual comment, "Are you every going to throw that goddamn cup away?!?"  Sure enough, the next time I saw the empty Starbucks cup, it was in my underwear drawer. I, however, won that round when I made the cup look like Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Top that, will ya?!
And then I had to make Frylock because, well, because.

Boo-Yah
Needless to say I was not all that surprised to walk into the kitchen this morning to find this:

Yes, that is my plush Aliens Chest Burster dangling between the kitchen lights.
Good Morning, Sunshine!

I laughed and waited for the boys to walk in.  So there I was, sitting at the table, having coffee and watching them amble around the kitchen, toasting waffle, and whatnot.  And I waited.....And I waited...And still nothing.  Finally I said, "Wwwweeeeeeeellll?" Tom look over and said, "Mfph" as he walked out of the room and Sam gave me a half shoulder shrug.  Really?  That's it?

Challenge accepted, good sirs.



No comments:

Post a Comment