Tuesday, August 19, 2014

After years of searching....

We went to the San Jose Super Toy, Comic Book and Collectible Show last weekend.  Cindy Williams was there.  Not bad, but not nearly as good as meeting Buck Rogers at the Phoenix Comic Con.  Gil is still a fine looking gentleman, I'll have you know.  Anyway, I was on a mission to find Green Lantern to complete my Justice League of America set.  After combing through most of the rows, I found him in a side booth, nestled amongst the Transformers and Star Wars toys, with only two of his JLA brethren at his side.  Aquaman and the Atom, I think.  Not sure 'cause I only had eyes for Green Lantern.


I even bartered the price down.  And by 'bartered' I mean snatched up the box and started frantically searching through my pockets and bag looking for the loose cash that I had shoved in some pocket after paying the entry fee for the show.  John and the boys wandered off when I started emptying the contents of my purse onto the vendors display table.  "I've got it somewhere....I've got it somewhere...Hey, John?... John?....Crap....I'll find it....Just a minute....John?"  The guy finally took pity on me and gave it to me for $5 off.  I left the booth clutching the box to my chest as if some random 10 year old might try to take it from me.  I'm one cool customer, let me tell you.

I wanted until we got in the car before taking him out of the box.  They get all squirrely when you take things out of the box.  I don't get it.  They claim to be pop-culture aficionados but Toy Story was completely lost on them.   Sure they keep their comics in clear plastic covers but they still read them.

So now I have the set.


And it only took 9 years.

And to think I almost gave up the search and spent my money on the Funko Over-Sized Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Pop Action Figure.  Now that would have been silly.


No comments:

Post a Comment