Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Robopocaplypse - A Reprieve

So for the last 6 months or so we've had this new Comcast service.  Whenever we get voice mail, Comcast sends a transcript of the message to our email.  I'm sure you have this too.  I don't know how you feel about this but I think it's possibly the very best service Comcast provides.  Other than sporadically dropping my Internet service until I complain to my husband and then when he checks it every thing's fine.  I love that too.  But the emails are great.  For one, I get my messages much sooner because I check email daily but probably only check voice mail weekly.  And only if the blinking light is really bugging me.  It's an even more fantastic service when you factor in the entertainment value.  Here are the last two messages left by my mom; a clear speaking mid-westerner lady that speaks with no accent whatsoever….



I love how it inserts question marks when it's unsure about what was said.  Implying that it was quite sure about all the other stuff.  I don't even check voice mail anymore.  I just read the emails and try to figure out what the message was about.  It's my very own personalized game show and it's way more fun than my Riddle-A-Day app.  And harder.

More importantly it makes me feel far more hopeful about humanities chances in the upcoming Robopocaplypse.  As long as we plan all of our defensive strategies via voice messaging, that is.  The computers will never stop our raid against the main power grid; they'll be too busy staking out Raymond's powder room.  


No comments:

Post a Comment