Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jackpot!

So the boys and I went to Target.  I had a few things to return and they wanted to look at the video games.  After my quick stop at customer service I wandered over to check out the toys then caught up with the boys to let them know that I was ready to check out.  Sam wanted the keys to the car but I was like, jeez this is only going to take a few minutes so you can just wait and he acted like the whole thing was going to fucking kill him.

Anyway at the self-checkout I scanned my three items and,
<throwing my arms in the air like I just don't care> "Hey, look, look, look!!"
One of the boys, "what?"
Me, "I returned three items from $34.61 and bought three completely different items for $34.61!"
Boy, "mffht"
Me, <looking around for the flashing lights. The sirens. The confetti>"Come on!  Where's Bob Barker? I'm heading to the Showcase Showdown!!"
Boy, "Can I have the car keys?"

When I got home, I showed the two receipts to John.

Me,  <wildly shaking the papers> "Look!" (blah blah blah as I explained what had happened)."
John, "I thought you were just returning things, what did you buy?"

Sheez, I'm so under appreciated. I'm not sharing my showcase with any of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment