Wednesday, June 7, 2017

At least no one needed a tetanus shot

So we've been tearing down an old deck this week and I've discovered that the boys can't dig a hole to save their lives.  Considering how many soldiers are in their family tree, they ought to be able to dig a latrine with their eyes closed.  I blame the schools. How do you get all the way through 9th grade, that's 10 years of public education, without a working knowledge of leverage?

Me, "wait...why are you....get the....put it....never mind"

And don't get me started on the tools,

Boy, "hand me the pliers."
Me, "Oh My God, those are not pliers, they're gardening shears. stop calling them pliers!" This is why we need to bring Shop back.

Then when John gets home, it's OSHA in the house and everyone needs eye protection.

Close Enough

Yes, they're wearing ski goggles.  Why? Because they couldn't find their swim goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment