Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Meter Stick

I just finished reading "Tony and Susan" by Austin Wright.  It's been turned into a movie called, "Nocturnal Animals" and the preview looked good, like some who's-who, what-really-happened psychological thriller so I decided to read the book.  Someone needs to read this and tell me if it's good or not.  I really don't know.  I also don't know what it's about.  Some of the wording was odd so I thought maybe it was originally written in a language other than English and the translation is off but when I looked up the author, it turns out he's American. He's also written essays on critical thinking.  Okay, maybe I'm too dumb to understand it.  It must be an illustration of some philosophical concept but I don't know what. Again, I'm too dumb or something.  Anyway, there was this great quote that I thought was very relevant in our current political climate.

"....when his rudeness was replaced by civility, civility looked like glamor."

Civility should be the bare minimum of our expectations.
You don't get credit for not being an asshole.



No comments:

Post a Comment