Friday, November 20, 2015

The Force is Strong with this One!

So, everybody probably already knows this but I just found out.  I was looking through the Vanity Fair photos from their Star Wars issue.  Checking out the wacky new creatures and such, and browsing through the articles.  That's when I discovered that Gwendoline Christie is the Stormtrooper in the silver suit.  That's Brienne of Tarth in that rocking silver suit with the kick-ass cape!!  All 6'3" of her!  It's a girl Stormtrooper!! NOW, I'm psych'd to see the new movie and I was very much in need of a 11" action figure.  But, alas, being the last person on the planet to jump on board the Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens toy craze, I was a tad late.  Regardless I put in my due diligence and drove around town checking stores and surfed all over the internet.  No Captain Phasma, anywhere short of the secondary market and I wasn't quite there yet.  Yes, I had to have her but was I ready to swap an envelop of cash for a brown paper bag in some shady Toys R' Us parking lot? Sure, she's uber cool but what if the movie sucks, then what?

Then last night, John came home from a business trip and what did he have?

Captain Phasma, Bitches!

That moment was right up there with the time he came home from North Carolina with Flo's V-Eight Cafe, completing my town of Radiator Springs. He carried it on the plane like a boss. "Kids?" "Oh, no, no, it's for my wife."




No comments:

Post a Comment