Wednesday, April 15, 2015

New York, New York

So we were in New York City over spring break, walking through Times Square, which is really fun the first time.  The first time it's lights, and excitement, and oh my god look over there!  After that it's just way too many fucking people between you and your hotel.  And there's scaffolding everywhere making the sidewalks even smaller, and guys trying to hand you things and, oh my god, are you really going to stop right there and have a conversation? Idiots! I turned into a true New Yorker in one day, grumbling and snarling at everyone.

Well, kinda.  Definitely not the day we were heading back to the hotel and there was this guy leaning against a store front smoking.  As we got just about even with him, he threw his cigarette across the sidewalk onto the grating.

John, "If we were back home, we'd have glared at him."
Me, "I know, but instead I'm just glad he didn't hit me with it."
John, "I know."
Me, "It was really close."
John, "Just keep walking."

Maybe we're built more for suburbia....

No comments:

Post a Comment