Friday, January 23, 2015

I'm reading the Latest Flavia de Luce book

'a book from an author you love that you haven't read yet'

On a side note, can you have a side note before you've even started? I don't know but on a side note, I've been mispronouncing her name this whole time.  I know this because Flavia has just been shipped off to a boarding school in Canada and the new people she meets were all mispronouncing her name and she finally corrected them.

So Flavia, with a long 'a', is at this girl's school in Canada and the rooms all have names.  The bedrooms were named after female heroines (Flavia is in Edith Cavell, a famous nurse from world war I.  I googled her.), the bathrooms after royalty and I can't remember the rest but you get my drift.  After reading this over breakfast, I looked up and said to the boys, "We should name our bedrooms".  They immediately came up with names. They didn't even ask why, bless their little hearts.  Sam picked a name that I immediately forgot; the guy who invented Call of Duty.  Tom chose 'Napoleon'.  Should I be concerned that he's going to invade the dining room and claim it in the name of France?

I've decided to name my room Amelia Earhart because when I'm in there, no one can find me.  Even when I'm sitting in the middle of the bed, with the lights on and the door open.  They'll wander up and down the hallway..,

Tom, "Mom! MOM!"
Sam, "Where's Mom?!?"
John, "Have you seen your mother??"

No oil slick, no floating debris, just gone without a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment