Thursday, November 13, 2014

Painting like a Pro

So I finally painted that last bit of wall that was way up high and hard to get to.  I was putting it off because I knew it was going to require the use of the Scary ladder.  We have several ladders that I use when I'm painting.  My Painting ladder, the Tall ladder and the Scary ladder.  The Painting ladder and the Tall ladder are both relatively stable and have little shelves on which to set the paint can.  The Scary ladder bows when you climb on it and it does not have a little shelf so you have to hold the paint can in one hand, the paint brush in another hand and you use your third hand to hold onto the wall.  Oh, wait, no third hand.  So you'll end up there all wobbly, holding on to the wall with nothing but your strong desire not to fall crashing down onto the floor.

After procrastinating for quite a while, I realized that I could bend the Scary ladder and set one end on the floor of the shower and balance the other end on that window sill way up there, and hey, this just might work....So I ended up painting the rest of the bathroom wall, just like those men of old built the sky scrapers only slightly less impressive.

I really don't know how those guys did it.  As soon as I got up there, my coffee kicked in and I had to pooh.
For future reference, if you set up your ladder like this, everyone in the house will want to paint the wall.  "Can I climb up there?"  "Let me try"  "Pleeeeeaaaassseeeeee"

No comments:

Post a Comment