Thursday, June 19, 2014

Careful what you wish for....

So John was out of town earlier this week and I had this funny rash on my neck.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out how I got it but it was really kind of a mess and quite itchy on and off.  I tried to get sympathy from the boys but they really couldn't be bothered.

Me, <craning my neck to the side> "Can you see it?....It's really bothering me...."
Boys, "Huh? ..... What? ..... Can you move? ....... Can we play Xbox?"

Great.

Finally John got home and I was expecting a slightly better response from him.

Me, <craning my neck again>  "It's not red but it's really bumpy. Can you see it?"

John, <holding my chin for better lighting> "Yeah.  It's really noticeable in the folds and wrinkles of your neck."

And in the two seconds it took for my eyebrows to start scrunching up, he pulled my face into his chest and said, "Shh. Shh. That didn't happen. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh."




No comments:

Post a Comment