Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm a B+ Mom


A solid B+.  I have moments of brilliance; A+ moments.  Like when one of the boys dropped the ipad and shattered the screen.  5 days after we got it.  And I didn't yell at him.  That alone should get me into heaven.  And I have moments of failure; F moments.  Like...well, there a lot to choose from.  But all in all, a solid B+. 

Like the last holiday luncheon at school.  The boys were supposed to bring in a traditional holiday dish to share with the class and I sent in Christmas M&M's.  I could have sent in beef wellington since we did have that for the last two years.  An A+ move but also an asshole move.  No one likes those moms.  I could have sent in nothing but that would have been a F move.  No one likes those moms either.  I sent in M&M's because they are the only thing we consistently have every year.  That's a B. And the boys got a lesson in honesty; bonus points! B+!


But I think my grades may start slipping because the boys have just turned 11.  And 11 year olds are tricky.
Conversation in the car yesterday:


Sam: Can we listen to "American Idiot"?

Me: No, they swear in it. How about "Boom Boom Pow"
Sam:  They swear in "Boom Boom Pow"
Me:  Yeah, but I don't say those words.

Sam:  You say 'shit' all the time.

Me:  Not 'shit', those other f words in 'Americ......hey, don't say 'shit'!  


<shit, he got me>

No comments:

Post a Comment